The purpose of this document is to ensure that quality service is provided at all times in Angola airspace, and also so that a controller will never find himself submerged, and unable to cope.
It is mandatory for all IVAO members controlling an Angolan position to follow these guidelines. Users who do not comply may be asked to close their position.
- Active controllers should be able to use all functions of IvAc, and have read the manual thoroughly.
- All controllers must maintain their ATIS with the following information:
- Position name (Full name, not ICAO code. e.g. 'Luanda Approach', not FNLU_APP)
- Voice channel (if applicable)
- Weather / runway information / TA/TL (if applicable)
- No unnecessary remarks in the remarks section
The language used for aviation in Angola is english and portuguese, with express refusal of any other language.
- All controllers must use standard phraseology at all times.
- When available, controllers should read and understand the appropriate airport/sector procedures before logging on. If you should have any doubts please don't hesitate to contact the ou DIr, or TC.
- Controllers are required to have all applicable charts available while on duty.
- Controllers must make proper use of all datatag labels (F5 = cleared waypoint, F7 = cleared speed, and F8 = cleared altitude) when handing-off to adjacent sectors. We highly recommend you use these functions at all times.
In addition to the above controllers are required to meet the requirements set out in the position SOPs.
- Seguinte >>